Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1st (A Monday, a sunny day, a work day, a good day & my brother's birthday!)

Well, I actually went back to work today after 24 hours of what seemed like a bone breaking flu.
I awoke at some point last night with what seemed like a flu-breaker sweat with this thought:
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. That is from the bible in Jeremiah 29:11
I was grateful just to get out of bed, and have some normalcy of my daily routine.
******************************************Enough about me:
It is my brother Jeffrey's birthday today. (He is older, but I bet he feels younger than I do at this moment!)
Elisha and I have affectionately re-named him Uncle "Harley Davison".

2 comments:

  1. Hi MaryMargaret! So glad to hear you were able to go back to work...positive thoughts...mind over matter!! Just keep telling yourself that. You can do this...and you have all of us behind you to pick you up if you fall and encourage you every step of the way!! Love you!! Laurie ( love the nick name for Jeff!! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Margaret Glad to see you made it through your work day. I am very proud of you. I think you are soooo brave to keep the pills at a minimum so you can experience the worst of chemo and know what to expect. Not me - I'm a pill popper to take the symptoms away. You are my hero!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete