Saturday, May 30, 2009

End of a long day-Saturday, May 30th

I just want to say a quick hello to all. I am tired, and understanding chemo fatigue in a new way-now that chemotherapy is a reality. I feel sooooooo tired. However, I forced myself to walk outside this evening with Elisha. I ate small meals all day to stay off the nausea verses taking more anti-nausea drugs. I am trying to limit my pill (never knew there could be so many variations of a drug against nausea) intake to a minimum, and just listen to my body tell me what it needs. It is saying "sleep" at the moment.
It was good to breathe in the fresh air tonight, and just move my body forward. It was beautiful to watch my very active 5 year old just "run"! Experiencing these chemo drugs feels somewhat surreal. I am reflecting on Cathy's (my oldest sister's comment last week about "mind over matter") I had to overcome the EXTREME fear of having to give myself lovenox shots daily to thin my blood. Pronto! Cathy used that statement via a phone call to help ease my freak out of having to do something I really did not want to do. (My lovenox story will come soon in a short video)
So, I am asking God tonight to help me keep my mind (positive) over my matter (my tired body), and help me get my aching body out of bed in the morning to worship Him and fellowship at church. That's the plan. I will keep you posted. Be well everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment