Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Hair! My Hair! My Hair!

Well, a week prior to my first chemo treatment (May 28th) I had asked Dr. "C", my chemo doc, "okay, so how long will the side effect of hair loss take"?  To my surprise she stated 2 weeks 2 days without hesitation.  Well, today is that day.  My hair wasn't on my pillow as I imagined.  It is on top of my head, but if I run my hand through it, it'll comes out in my fingers.  Weird.  Weird.  Weird.
I am thinking about going to a follow-up hair appointment with Faith the hairdresser that offered to shave my head if I start freaking out about the "clumps" of hair coming out.   Taking a shower this morning and having it be washed off my head is still a mystery. (I am in hesitation of doing so.)  Weird.  Weird.  Weird.
I have received my two very colorful head gear from a Michigan company called "Siempre Bella"  (Always Beautiful) in preparation to say "Chao Pelo"-Goodbye Hair.  I have some Israeli head dresses on order, too.  I am looking forward to donning a lime green scarf called the "Queen Esther" in particular.  So, my bald head should be having some fun with its fun and exotic coverings this summer.  I have secretly always wanted to be a red head, and I will be using a prescription for a wig to make that dream come true for the fall months!  Weird. Weird. Weird.  This part of chemotherapy just feels weird.  I am feeling good these days as long as I keep up with the 5-step health plan given to me prior to my surgery:
1. prayer  (I cling to and praise God everyday for another day) 2. chemo (it's doing its thing in my body) 3. nutrition (if I eat right, I feel better, and the nausea stays at bay-H2o keeps this part well managed) 4. exercise (I am trying to walk everyday!)  5. rest (I take power naps like a toddler)

No comments:

Post a Comment