Monday, January 2, 2012

Family Covenant

Always be honest

Proverbs 12:22

Count your blessings

Psalms 34:1-3

Bear each other's burdens

Galatians 6:2

Forgive and forget

Micah 7:18

Be kind and tender hearted

Ephesians 4:32

Comfort one another

I Thessalonians 4:18

Keep your promises

Romans 4:21

Be supportive of one another

Acts 20:35

Be true to each other

Revelations 15:3

Look after each other

Deuteronomy 15:11

Treat each other like you treat your friends

Matthew 7:12

But most important

Love One Another deeply from the heart

I Peter 1:22

I thought about what I want to bring into this new year all day long as I prepared to journal my first entry with the "Writing Through Cancer" project. As I was eating dinner with Elisha tonight, and looked up at our funky kitchen wall pictures and sayings, I saw our family covenant. I typed this out the day we moved from the comfort of Abba's House to our new home here. I wanted so much to uphold these biblical principles. I fall way short, but want to bring these into the new year to continue to grow in these commitments to my family members much more deeply.

That is what I want to bring into this new year.

Also, I want to carry the rich and good memories from my lifetime, so far, and leave the bitter moments behind.

I also leave in 2011 any unforgiveness in my heart towards anyone in my life that wounded me. No need to bring that in. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment