Thursday, May 28, 2009


Hello Everyone: (otherwise known as "The beloved community of support")
I am hooked up to the Taxol chemo IV cart (see photo) as I write, and I am "thanking my God upon every remembrance of each one of you." I am also thanking Him for the professional, compassionate, brilliant, humor-filled, kind, and wonderful chemo team. I also thank God that I am in a state of the art facility that offers patients laptops? Unbelievable.
Kathleen Kearns kindly came with me, and is facilitating a "blog" for me to journey with many (including all of you) on this journey of hope to a cancer free life!
God is near. I read Elisha's "Chemo Shark" last night. It's a children's book to help a child cope with a mom that has been diagnosed with cancer. It helped me, too. Elisha and Jamie will be here later to see mom, and find reassurance. They will also be making a banner to go on the Cancer ward's "Wall of Hope". This place feels like a deep place of healing. God knew. Now, I do.

So, I formally (and publically to the world!) thank all of you for everything you have done on my behalf. Your prayers sustain me. Your care fills me. Your love warms me.
"Whenever I am afraid I will trust in Thee". I told Elisha to think on that and squeeze his new Penguin stuffed animal named Douglas and say that out loud every time he is missing Mommy or feeling afraid. So, welcome to my Journey of Hope.
with much love,
Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

  1. Hi Everyone,
    Since I am the oldest child in the family I am exited to post the first blog. What a great idea Mary Margaret....it really helps the people who love you and are so far away to feel close to your treatment and daily life. We all love you and are excited to be a part of your journey to become cancer free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary-Margaret,
    You did it! God answered those prayers for strength and courage! I had such a sense of peace when I saw you last night. Thanks for the many laughs we shared as you told me about your day. Thanks to Kathleen for being there all day taking such good care of you and Elisha and for setting up the blog. I'm going to continue to pray that the chemo will be an arrow from the Lords quiver going out to destroying any/every c cell. Everyone at Abba's house will be praying for you to have strength and courage to withstand any side effects this weekend. Love the hat! I want one. I can make them for all the kdis at Abba's house. Mary-Margaret you were amazing going off to work today, but then we serve an amazing God! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey MM-
    we'll be on this journey with you even from afar!!

    MUCH LOVE,
    the Armstrongs : )

    ReplyDelete