Thursday, July 9, 2009

Chemo # 3 of 6-The long FAX continues!

I have spent the morning into afternoon getting chemo, and only about 3 more hours to go!
I am grateful to God that I am turning the corner of this step 2 process of my 5-step health plan. Once I finish chemo, I will be on a 4-step health plan for the rest of my life on earth: 1. prayer 2. exercise (I may start running!)
3. nutrition (continued heart healthy diet) 4. rest (no over extending to the brink of exhaustion).
Jamie and Elisha, my "rubies", will be picking me up at the end of this long chemo day. Jamie has been helpful to me during my time of need in very tangible ways. Elisha has been a trooper with all my side effects that affect him directly. Sometimes Mommy is just too tired to do what did formerly before my surgery and chemo. My hair loss is still an issue for him, but he is accepting, and being reminded by me that it WILL grow back. That brings him comfort.
I had a very funny moment as I was leaving for MGH this morning at 6:30. The three children were saying their goodbyes to me at the door. Joshua, age 4, Elisha, now 6,and Bertude, age 8, were giving me hugs goodbye, and Joshua, in his very loud exuberant voice, asked me if I was going to MGH hospital to "have my hair done." He said, Mary-Margaret, are you going to get your hair done today? Elisha piped in something to him about chemo, and I chuckled and said,"Josh?, what hair? I have no hair on my head to get done? He belly laughed at my comment and thought that was pretty funny. The household humor keeps me laughing, and laughing is a type of medicine for my body, soul and heart. My younger sister and brother's arrival next week for a long weekend visit should prove to be filled with laughter. Both of their sharp wits and tongues never cease to amaze me and tickle my funny bone.
So, the beat goes on....signing off, but connected through thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment