Monday, August 24, 2009

Chemo # 5 of 6 Last chemo treatment on Spet.16th

I had a difficult week last week. Gearing up for this treatment, getting Elisha ready for kindergarten & dealing with menopause symptoms-big time has added challenges sometimes indescribable.
Solutions came in many forms this weekend and today. I am grateful for this.
Elisha started school today. His first day of kindergarten. I was so impressed with his independence. He wanted me to drop him off in front of the school. So off he went with his backpack, lunch box and enthusiasm bounding up the stairs to his new classroom. I parked and followed him to meet his new teacher with his nap blanket and pillow in my hand. By the time I arrived, he was waiting patiently in line to receive his name tag and meet his teacher. Amazing. Elisha's teacher is a well seasoned educator and reminds me of one of my early education teachers, but don't know who...it'll come to me.
I am so grateful for his good start.
I have a deep sense that this is going to be a good academic year this year-despite my ovarian cancer diagnosis.
I am feeling well and know that I am healing.
I am very aware of the preciousness of each day lately, and this makes my life much more managable.
Turning over all of my fears, doubts and anxieties is crucial to maintain sanity.
I turn them over to Jesus daily-sometimes minute to minute.
I will post pictures soon. (Elisha's 1st day photo!)
Two scriptures were impressed on my heart today, and they are connected to cancer, me and wanting to reach out (for the rest of my life) to others in the same or similar situation:

Isaiah 42:3 (New International Version)
3 A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.
In faithfulness he will bring forth justice;
James 5:7 (New International Version)
Patience in Suffering
7 Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment